SPECIAL ED CONNECTION: A RESOURCE FOR FAMILIES OF STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
Is your child receiving special education services?
Gain a better understanding of special education processes and learn how to help your child benefit from special education services by accessing Special Ed Connection ®. Here are just a few of the resources waiting for you:
- News and updates on the latest news and developments in the special education community.
- Tools that can help you learn how to be more actively involved in meeting the special education needs of your family member.
- Smart Starts that provide a quick way to gain a better understanding of almost 450 special education topics, federal regulations, case law, assistive technology, and how the special education law applies to your family member.
- A Special Ed Online Dictionary that lists more than 1400 widely-used terms with straightforward, easily-understood definitions.
- Special Ed Round-Ups that offer a fast and easy way to quickly access best practices on hundreds of special education issues from autism to bullying to post-secondary transition and more.
The Florida Department of Education is proud to provide access to Special Ed Connection® at no cost to families of individuals with disabilities who are enrolled in special education programs. To request access to this valuable resource, visit the FDLRS Special Ed Connection page and follow the Special Ed Connection Parent Contact link at the bottom, or call or email your FDLRS office to find out which Parent Contact serves your county.
By: Jeremy Countryman