The 23rd Annual Family Café
June 11-13, 2021
Since 1998, The Annual Family Café has brought Floridians with all types of disabilities together for three days of information, training, and networking each June. With a great range of individual breakout sessions, a packed Exhibit Hall with dozens of vendors, and a series of special events including Keynote speakers and The Governors’ Summit on Disabilities, The Annual Family Café offers attendees exposure to resources on a grand scale, unprecedented access to policy-making officials, and a chance to network with other individuals with disabilities and their families.
The 23rd Annual Family Cafe is scheduled for June 11-13, 2021 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando.
If you are on site at the Hyatt, please visit the On-Site registration area at the Registration Desk to register.
The full program for The 23rd Annual Family Cafe, which includes BOTH on-site and off-site sessions, can be found here.
The 23rd Annual Family Cafe is a “hybrid” event. That means there are ways to participate both in person AND virtually.
What to Expect at the Event
If You Join Us in Orlando
- Instead of the typical 200+ breakout sessions across seven time slots, we will have 70 breakout sessions across ten time slots
- Breakout sessions will be held in larger rooms so attendees can spread out
- We will have an Exhibit Hall with a variety of vendors
- We will have a series of awesome keynotes, with one on each of the three days
- We will have The Annual Governor’s Summit on Disabilities on Friday evening, as usual
- A few add-on activities will be missing, like the assistive technology room, the sensory room, arts and crafts, self-advocate performances in the halls, and the Saturday night dance
- FDOA’s SportsAbility Sampler will be happening virtually at SportsAbility.org instead of on site
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask
If You Join Us Virtually
- The Family Cafe will host a virtual event on our Facebook page at the same time the in-person event is happening in Orlando
- Every Keynote presentation will be livestreamed
- The Annual Governor’s Summit on Disabilities will be livestreamed
- One breakout session in each of the ten time slots will be livestreamed
But Wait, There’s More
- Every breakout session held in person will be recorded
- Presenters from sessions that couldn’t be included in the in-person agenda have been asked to send in recordings and presentation materials
- After The 23rd Annual Family Café, we will release an interactive event program with links to the livestream recordings, additional on-site recordings with ASL and captioning, and materials contributed by presenters we couldn’t include
All registered attendees will receive a packet including the event program by mail prior to the event.
The Family Café does everything it can to connect its attendees with the resources it offers at the lowest cost possible. The Annual Family Café remains a FREE EVENT, with no registration cost for people with disabilities and their families. Only those attending in a professional capacity are asked to pay a $200 registration fee.
The Family Café is also proud to offer families limited Financial Assistance, which can provide for complimentary accommodations at the host hotel, the Hyatt Regency Orlando. All Financial Assistance has been awarded at this time.
If you would like to make a reservation with the Hyatt Regency Orlando, you can call the hotel directly at 407-284-1234, or find them online here. Make sure to mention The Annual Family Cafe to get the special $129/night rate. This rate is available through May 21st.
Overflow hotel space is available a the Rosen Centre, at the reduced rate of $125 per night. That hotel can be reached at (800) 204-7234 or online here. In order to get the reduced rate, you must make your hotel reservation by Friday, May 21st.
We hope you can join us this June for another serving of Collaboration, Advocacy, Friendship and Empowerment!
Some sessions and activities at The 23rd Annual Family Café may be photographed or videotaped. By participating in The 23rd Annual Family Café, registrants agree that The Family Café has the right to use their image, likeness, and/or voice or sound recording taken in connection to The 23rd Annual Family Café in all Media.
For the latest news and updates about The 23rd Annual Family Cafe, visit the News section of the website!
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, The 22nd Annual Family Cafe was held as a virtual event. The Family Cafe printed a full event program, with descriptions of every breakout session, including both those that were part of the live virtual event and those that had been planned for the face-to-face event but could not be delivered live. The program includes contact information for the presenters so families can reach out to them with questions. We also invited presenters that could not be included in the live virtual event to share their presentation materials with us. You may find both livestream recordings and the interactive program with links to recorded sessions at the videos section of this website here.