Join The Family Cafe Mailing List
Signing up for The Family Cafe Mailing List is a great way to keep in touch with us! You will receive regular e-mails with information about upcoming events, new programs and relevant information for persons with disabilities and their families. Sign up and become part of the family today!
Our Value Statement
In all of its activities, The Family Café adheres to a guiding set of principles. Those values are as follows:
- Informed individuals and their families make better choices.
- All people, independent of their abilities and needs, deserve timely, accurate information regarding the options available to them.
- Individuals and their families require a forum where they can gather to network and share concerns, educate themselves about available services, and find a united voice to influence public policy and positively alter the service delivery system.
- Families and individuals living with disabilities and special health care needs should exist in an environment that demands excellence over adequacy, honours the individual over governmental procedure, and provides support through compassion, not compulsion.
- Communities and neighbourhoods must continue to expand their capacity to be responsive to the needs of their residents with disabilities and their families.
- All individuals, regardless of their abilities, deserve the opportunity to maximize the quality of their lives.
- All individuals, regardless of their abilities, deserve the opportunity to find gainful employment.
- It is the responsibility of The Family Café to maximize its service to individuals and families by using funds wisely and pursuing a variety of revenue sources, including grant opportunities and alternative fundraising initiatives.
Our Mission Statement
The Family Café exists to provide individuals with disabilities and their families with an opportunity for collaboration, advocacy, friendship and empowerment by serving as a facilitator of communication, a space for dialogue and a source of information.